Board of Directors Open Seats - Currently there are two (2)
The Board of Directors of the San Francisco Bay Area InfraGard Members' Alliance (IMA), hold elections when vacancies or term are up. Board Members hold a two-year term, starting in January.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE ONCE OPEN POSITIONS ARE ANNOUNCED
Review the description of the requirements and desired attributes for a Member of the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Bay Area InfraGard Members Alliance (below).
Write a short (no longer than one page, 12 points, single-spaced) vision statement that gives a brief personal introduction and addresses the following questions. Longer vision statements will be truncated at one page.
- Why would you like to serve on the San Francisco Bay Area InfraGard Members' Alliance Board of Directors?
- What specific skills or professional capabilities would you bring to the Board of Directors?
- What particular opportunity do you see as being most important to the success of InfraGard, and what contribution do you see yourself making to the development of that opportunity?
- What is the most important challenge facing InfraGard and the local chapter? How would you address that challenge?
- Which of the Nation's critical infrastructure sectors are you most interested in? Please describe any relevant experience, background, or personal interest that you may have in these sectors.
E-mail your completed vision statement (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to elections@sfbay-InfraGard.org. If accepted, this statement will be posted in the InfraGard National Portal under the portion of the chapter's area for review by all eligible voting members.
GENERAL BOARD SEAT ELECTION CALENDAR
November 6th - Board seat availability announcement distributed via e-mail, with periodic reminders.
November 26th - Deadline for candidate vision statements. E-mail vision statements to elections@sfbay-InfraGard.org.
November 27th-30th - Board review of candidate statements.
December 1st - Candidate information posted at www.InfraGard.org in the chapter's section and voting opens.
December 27th - Voting concludes.
January - New Board(s) announced.
BOARD MEMBER REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
Requirements (personal and employer commitments)
- Participation in quarterly general meetings (generally the third Thursday in February, May, August, November) (5+ hours)
- Participation in regular monthly meetings of the Board. In-person Board meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month (11am - 1pm). Dial-in options may be provided. (IN PERSON MEETINGS ARE SUSPENDED DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND WILL BE VIA REMOTE SESSION)
- Must be a current InfraGard member in good standing
- 2-3 hours per Board meeting
- 4+ hours per general meeting (generally once per quarter, as noted)
- 1-2 hours per week general work (meeting planning, coordination with partners, other meetings, research) or as required
- Some travel for local meetings and events
- Communications with the community and InfraGard members
- Strategic planning
- Strategic implementation
- Organizational management
- Project management and execution
- Representation of InfraGard to the public and private sector
- Quarterly meeting planning and execution
- Board-level participation in a California non-profit, public benefit organization
- Contribute to the security of the local and national infrastructure
- Interact directly with other Board members, FBI representatives, and members of the community
- Represent InfraGard in a variety of settings, including meetings of other area groups (NCRIC, BARCfirst, ISSA, ISACA, etc.). This can include occasional speaking opportunities.
- Leadership experience
- Management experience
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent time management/efficiency
- Connections or experience with relevant organizations or agencies
- Media/Public relations experience
- Experience in information sharing/collaboration
- International perspective